Saturday, November 17, 2012

Slippery Buzzards

It has been a while since I had the opportunity to shoot at something. Our corporation moved from our previous system to a different system which took up a lot of time and energy. We evicted two industrial corps and now have a secure home system.

A couple of corpmates have scanned down the static connection and are a couple of jumps down that chain reporting contact with a Buzzard. They are speculating that he came through our chain so I grab a fast locking Stilletto and park myself on the static connection along with another corp mate in an Ares. Sure enough, in less than a minute, the wormhole flares and we active the sebos to attempt grabbing the slippery covert ops ship.

He decloaks and I gain a positive lock and point just before he scrambles back through the wormhole. My corpmate and I both jump immediately and move as soon as we are loaded into the new system to burn the session cloak. The buzzard pilot decloaks, burns off the wormhole and immediately cloaks back up. However, I had his position and I accelerate my Stilletto towards him and immediately decloak him.

Both myself and my corpmate gain positive lock and points on the Buzzard. At which point, I notice a critical error in my flying. I forgot to turn back toward the covert ops ship after decloaking him and my speed is carrying me out of point range.

I attempt to correct and overheat my point but it is too late, my momentum carries me outside point range and I lose point. No problem, the other pilot still has a point. I head back towards the covert ops ship just in time to see him warp toward a distant planet. Hmmm! A stabbed Buzzard. This is the first time I have seen one of those.

We both immediately follow the covert ops pilot to the distant planet, but unsuprisingly he has vanished into the mysts. My piloting error probably cost us a kill. It has been a while and I am a bit rusty in the heat of battle. At least the exercise proved mildly entertaining. The moment of what just happened when he warped off with a point on him was pretty good.

No comments:

Post a Comment